Thursday, March 18, 2010









I had a new puppy come for her first grooming session today. Coquette is a 9 month old Pomeranian/Poodle X with a very soft brindle coat. This was her first experience at a professional grooming shop so she was understandably skittish about everything. The really good thing is that as soon as she realized that a procedure was not hurting her she would calm. I have before and after shots of her including those of her right hind leg where the "at home" attempts with scizzors were the worst. The client was hoping for a 1 inch all over trim but that was impossible due to the shortness of the many scizzor divots all over her body. I managed a 5/8 blade for the body to blend down the coat though. For the legs I used a #4 blade and scizzoring on the other 3 legs but the right hind required the magic of blending shears to camoflage the divots there. The next time I'll be able to do the 1 inch all trim! I look forward to grooming her again...she is very sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment