Tuesday, April 20, 2010


Daisy visited me at my grooming table today. She is an eleven year old golden retriever with sensitive skin and a very thick absorbant coat. Her summer time groom is a 5/8 " all with just a tidy of the tail. She is a very good dog and cooperates all the time. Today's groom went well as usual...however...I discovered that she has a serious infestation of what looks to me to be lice. I let her owner know so she could get some Frontline at the vet if it is confirmed to be lice. I am not a bug expert so I let her know that a vet should make the call. There were scads of the little suckers on her. Her owner is hoping that it is just something from the lake but well...we'll see...

Anyway I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning, and disinfecting the shop and my grooming tools with insecticide just to be on the safe side. They were definitely not fleas and my arsenal of doggy shampoo does not work on lice. Daisy is a delightful dog and I look forward to seeing her again....bugless I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment