Friday, April 9, 2010


Buddy is back from Arizona to spend his summer at the lake...and back to visit my grooming table. He is a 13 year old diabetic ShihTzu. He has issues with his legs and feet and ear plucking which require muzzling. For most of the grooming process he just grumbles away with the occasional toothy grin. When he first started to see me I was warned of the extremely difficulty other groomers had had with him in the past. I find him to be not all that bad really. If I had to I know I could forgo the muzzle as he is simply not the worst I've had to work with. But why wrestle with a frail old guy!? His trim today was a tidy up with a 3/4 inch comb on the body, scizzored legs and a short round face.


I also groomed up my Rexy dog...Pom/PoodleX. Now he is a difficult dog! He bites and growls and snaps and flails....from start to finish with the odd calm moments now and then. The bath bugs him, the dryer bugs him, he has front leg and feet issues. Now though it seems I just have to put the muzzle on the table and go ahead with the nail trimming unscathed. He looks at it and knows what it's for I guess. What a funny little dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment