Thursday, January 21, 2010




Today Diesel came to visit me on my grooming table. These are his before and after photos. He is a delightful ShihTsu...always an interesting groom. Today used a 5/8" blade on his body and scizzored his legs. Here's the thing with Diesel...I have usually got just one shot at his face. He does not tolerate the clippers on his face at all so I use my blending shears to tidy under his eyes and his brow. He was true to form on that point...as usual it took a bit of sweet talk and such to get his to come around to letting me use the blending shears even. The other issues he has are his front legs and paws and the ear plucking. Well surprise for me today...he was touchy but patient about his legs and paws and...it's a big AND he did not give me the usual biting lunges about getting his ears plucked. A very pleasant surprise...I do believe we have trust building here! Time will tell.

Buster came to have just a nail trim today. He's a cutie. I also trimmed some pine tar off his mouth area and blended down beneath his eyes as he's about half way to his next grooming. I do the between grooming nails gratis and threw in the face tidy as well. He'll be back in about 3 weeks for the full deal...and...what an improvement in behaviour since his owner has been doing her homework with combing and brushing and chin holding while she's at it. That is just wonderful. I didn't take a photo of him today as he was only here for 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment